Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pleather Skirt

Well, I knew it would be sooner rather than later that I dedicated a post to some faux leather that lives in my closet. I'm not going to lie, I was inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Sydney, over at Summer Wind, who posted this outfit a few weeks ago. I wear my (p)leather skirt all the time once the colder weather rolls around, so when I saw this outfit inspo and realized I had everything in my closet already, I tried it practically the next day. Cashmere and leather? Sold. 

This is a great outfit to wear flats with at work and then throw on some heels for happy hour (I'll pretend like that's what I did, but really I took my shoes off and bummed a homemade meal off my parents after work...)

The wind was out of control while I was taking these photos, so I apologize for the lack of flattering shots. There's a high possibility someone got a little show during this photoshoot, if you know what I mean. I'm also so mad I forgot to take my hair band off my wrist for these, so please disregard :) 










Outfit Details | Sweater: Ann Taylor Factory Store (old), similar here | Skirt: T.J. Maxx, loving this | Necklace: Macy's (old), loving this | Watch & Bracelet: Kate Spade | Flats: Express (old) | Heels: Target, similar here

In other news, I spent the weekend relaxing, spending time with friends and watching my friend kick butt in her first marathon, but missed all the Columbus Day sales! My bank account thanks me, but I'm going to have to take advantage of some of these "extended sales". Did anyone find anything good?! 
post signature

15 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so awesome here! Love the outfit, gives me a great idea for office attire in the winter..maybe with some black tights too :)

    ~Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! This would definitely look good with black tights :)

      Delete
  2. You look SO cute regardless of the wind and the hair tie (I hate when that happens)! Absolutely loving the polka dot flats!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  3. you looks so pretty! i love your outfit and your arm candy!

    xo, carli
    www.puppiesandpolkadots.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very feminine look! Love that skirt and your necklace!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the entire outfit, but those shoes really take it over the edge! The perfect detail. :)

    Michelle
    Hops and Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try and work those shoes into as many outfits as possible :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. I have a necklace just like that one, and you've given me a great idea on how to style it!!

    xo - Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yay! I can't wait to see what you do with it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. so much to love about this. The flats are seriously adorable. Fabulous post, love. If you get a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xx

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for reading! About to go check out your latest post :)

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS