Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Five


Whew! This sure has been a week! Friday came here before I knew it, and I'm not complaining about that! This week I celebrated Cinco de Mayo Nashville style with live country music and not a drop of tequila or a Corona and officially became a Nashville resident (after over FOUR hours at the DMV)!! Now I get to carry around a makeshift paper license until my real one comes in the mail :) And, I don't want to jinx anything, but, I think it's officially summer here in Tennessee and I could not be happier. It's 90 today!! I'm seriously so excited and completely okay with sweating as soon as I step outside. This is what I've been waiting for! 

While I don't really know where this week went, I do know what I have been loving! 

Pandora Ad. I saw this a couple of weeks ago, but it seemed more appropriate to share the Friday before we celebrate all of our great mothers. 


Laughing baby. Okay, seriously, if you need a laugh, or just a smile, watch this. This baby's laughter and joy is so contagious. I love it! 


Be My Eyes. I heard about this on the radio the other day and thought it was so cool. This app allows blind people to use their smart phones to upload photos of things they need help identifying (i.e., the expiration date on milk) to the app and volunteers around the world can help them. A blind man himself developed the app, so I trust he knows what he's talking about! Such a simple way to help someone throughout your day or week. Read more about it here and download the app here

via
Baby Lips. On a more superficial note, I am obsessed with these chapsticks. I know I am late to the game on Baby Lips; I've seen them for years. I picked one up at T.J. Maxx the other day because it was $2.00 and why not. These have a slight tint to them, so they are less aggressive than full on lipsticks (lipstick still scares me, I'm trying to ease into it...) so these are perfect for me! And, they are super hydrating and are actually really great chapsticks. I got it in Pop of Pink, which is a subtle hot pink, if hot pink can even be subtle. 

via

Good Times. Shout out to Bobby Bones for playing this song by Ray Bonneville this week, because I've had it, by no exaggeration, on repeat. Over and over. It is such a feel good song and perfect for summer and driving with your windows down. Follow me on Spotify to see what else I'm listening to these days! 



I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the nice weather if you're having it! And make sure to spoil all those moms out there :) 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS