Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Five



In honor of my travels back home to Connecticut for the weekend, I thought I would round up my top 5 carry-on must haves. Which is kind of ironic, because I got taken aside to have my bags checked because the size of my lotions and shampoos were too big. Thank goodness for the nice TSA man who appreciated the fact that they were all less than half full. 

I travel with a massive Michael Kors bag I scored on major sale a couple of years ago and it is perfect to fit everything from my laptop to an extra pair of clothes (my mom taught me to always travel with an extra set of clothes, underwear and your toothbrush in case something happens to your luggage. As usual, moms are always right). Mine is cloth so it's nice to shove everything in, but I love the structure of this bag to keep everything in place throughout your trip. Everything I need somehow always falls to the bottom of my bag by the end! 

I am such a sucker for all the snacks at the airport stores - hello sweet tooth - so I always try and have a healthier option with me. I love the Kashi Chocolate Almond & Sea Salt bars and they are much better for you than the peanut butter cups I probably would have eaten instead :) 

I have a list of about 20 books I want to read, and never take advantage of my downtime by reading, but I always read in airports and on planes. I'm currently reading This is Where I Leave You, which is actually being turned into a movie! I had no idea when I started reading it. I was laughing out loud on the plane reading it, I highly recommend it. And having a trusty People StyleWatch with you can never hurt! 

My flight kept getting delayed yesterday (which led me to meet Garth Brooks' band, but that's a story for another day...) and the terminal kept changing. Luckily Nashville is a small airport so it didn't involve a lot of walking, but comfortable shoes are a must in airports. I love wearing my Jacks. They are easy to slip on and off at security and super comfortable for walking (or running) around the airport. 

By the time I get off the plane, my hands are always so dried out (yet my face is always so oily! Does this happen to anyone else?). I bought this CocoMagic Coconut Oil lotion at T.J. Maxx not knowing anything about and absolutely love it. It literally makes my hands feel like silk after I use it! I have a small version for my bag that I keep with me at all times. 

I am so excited to be home this weekend, I can't believe it's been since March and there was still snow on the ground! I feel like I just moved yesterday. I can't wait to see my family, friends and hopefully squeeze in a little time at the beach! Enough of this living in a landlocked state business. 

I hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for reading! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS