Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five


TGIF. Am I right? I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend and spending time with friends I don't always get to see. Also, I plan on making this recipe tonight. I was starving at the beginning of the week and went ravishing through my Pinterest boards for dinner ideas and a grocery list and ended up buying ingredients for skinny chicken fried rice (delicious, however I have to remember I am only one person and not a family of 6 as the recipe calls for) and the ingredients for the turkey enchilada casserole. Which was an interesting choice considering I've never liked ground meat and only this summer started liking hamburgers/turkey burgers. But I'll give it a go!

Here's this week's Friday Five. Drumroll please.... 

Tim McGraw. This should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that has known me longer than about an hour. My beloved butt-huggin' jean wearin', cowboy boot stompin' Mr. McGraw released his most recent album this past Tuesday and I have been enjoying him on all sorts of TV shows promoting the album, as well as playing it on repeat on my commute. While there a few questionable songs on the album (don't worry Tim, I love you all the same), there definitely are some jams. My favorite: a duet with Kid Rock called Lincoln Continentals and Cadillacs.

Friendly reminder from my mom 
Floppy Felt Hats. I love big floppy hats, no matter what season. Since it's safe to say the days of lightweight straw hats are over this year, I've broken out my felt floppy hat for fall. Nothing like pretending you're a Stepford Wife for a few hours. I bought this hat last season at Lord & Taylor, but you can find a similar one here.



AMRAP Workout. One of my favorite blogs to follow is Pumps and Iron. Nicole, the fit face behind the blog, posts the best work outs and recipes. She recently posted this AMRAP (as many reps/rounds as possible) workout. I tried it out earlier this week and am still sore. I did it after a 3 mile run,which may not have been the best idea considering the jump squat burpees. My plan is to do this workout once a week and try and beat my time/rounds each time.

Embellished Tops. I have been eyeing embellished sweaters and shirts ever since I caught a glimpse at J. Crew. Then, the other day, I found this one at H&M and fell in love. Slightly reminiscent of the 90's bedazzling days, but I'm liking it.


Sleep. I've always loved sleep. All through high school and college, I was rarely up past 10 on school nights, and I still stick by that. I'm usually in bed by 9:30, and honestly, would probably be in bed earlier if I didn't convince myself that I am 24 years old and can in fact stay up past Wheel of Fortune. But this week, I have been so tired. I don't know if it's because it's getting darker earlier or what, but boy have I been counting down the hours until bedtime from the moment I wake up. 

What have you been loving this week? 
post signature

1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS